Friday, March 09, 2007

Giving up?

I think I am slowly giving up hope on the fact that there is such a thing as the perfect partner.. the perfect man.
Perhaps near perfect.. or perfect enough for me is what I may need to settle for. But that's like saying I'm settling for second best.
I recall writing something along the lines of this..one of my very first enteries... and a year or so later.. I find myself still asking myself the same thing.
Is there one perfect person for every perfect being?
I met a random stranger today. We ate lunch together with a group of friends. And I respect her for her honestly and her strong attitude towards the sort of relationship issues she has faced. She was adamant about her belief that a certain type of men are cheaters, and always will be cheaters. I didn't want to believe, but when I thought back at the one and only sprint relationship I had with one of those men... they weren't exactly the best in providing a sense of security.
But now it makes me question...
Don't get me wrong. It's been something I have been thinking about for a while. It's something that.. has been bugging me for a while. The random lunch today just made me remember what has been a constant confusion in my head..
I also had an interesting conversation lastnight with a dear friend of mine.
I will try and recall. If I can't, I blame it on my tired body and half a bottle of white.
It's rather boring stuff.
It was about me.
That I should have plans for myself.
Plans that I want and want to pursue in. And plans I should definetly make happen if ever the opportunity arises. Doing something for myself. And not wait on others.
My friend is probably right. I have in some ways, become afraid to because unconsiously I am dependent. Dependent on a certain someone that spoke these promising words to me. But as the days, weeks, months.. years.. go by... those words are more distant than ever.
So, Is there one perfect person for every perfect being?

1 Comments:

Blogger LeanSister 1.2 said...

TRUST . YOURSELF

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home