Friday, September 08, 2006

To Speech or Not to Speech

So it’s Friday and I have approximately 24 hours to write this speech. This random speech which I decided one drunken night to do. The idea is to write, and share it with my friends on another drunken night... which happens to be tomorrow…the 9th September, 2006. A day before I am officially a year older.
Which means, if I do succeed in writing something today, I would be standing at a bar and reading this now.. Which would make it the 9th of September?
So, here we are, and not at the little playground of McDonalds… which is a brilliant idea my dear friend Mr. King thought of... which he recently did with his friends... So, I am 29, but the theme is to party like I’m 9. I thought it was award winning ( but that’s just me) and then I contemplated for a while, and decided it would just be too difficult to sneak the drinks into those paper cups… and perhaps I was getting older cause the thought of planning it..… Tired already. So I decided, let’s keep this brilliant idea for next year... when I can party like I’m 3.
Bear with me, cause if you are lucky, I have not started slurring, and you could be lucky enough to actually hear the words that are coming out from my mouth…
Why is it people do this to themselves on their B days… or do others do it to them… well, I am not very active, but when it comes to drinking the last drop, I seem to always be the first to raise my hands.. Or in this context, raise my glass.
Just yesterday, which means Thursday…? I had a nice dinner, a good bottle of Peter Lehman’s… and the best company anyone could ask for.. Because this person was my better half. And I am so proud of him, and I think he doesn’t hear it enough. But he is someone I admire a lot, and no words could ever express the way I feel for him ( but I believe my eyes, my heart, my possessiveness of everything that moves around him(yes, I’m not proud of), my commitment thus far and my kisses.. will speak more than any words can.

Which brings me to my reply to a question someone posed to me... Is when my happiest moment was… and I thought the other day, this person is “the happiest moment of my life.”

Black markers, and yellow post –its… it’s something that we recently discovered to be quite hilarious, and great for
a) writing things you can’t say cause it’s too personal/funny/rude
b) if you need to remember it
c) to read back the next day
d) to ask someone out
e) to bitch about the person sitting opposite you
f) in the long run, it’s cheaper then texting


So, I’m running out of things to say… I should be doing work…but I couldn’t be fucked... It’s the end of the week, it’s already 5pm and it’s pouring outside... wish I were curled up in bed with a movie... yes, I don’t read enough… hence I say boot instead of booth, and I slur as oppose to speak.

Great Friends are for keeps.
Let’s drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home